Wednesday, November 14

How it all began

Taj MahalLast year I caught the travel bug, during a trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. It hasn't gone away, and all this year I've been thinking of places to go to. It's been difficult to decide, all I knew was that I wanted to take my vacation in the winter. The summer in the Rockies is just too beautiful to pass up and that meant I had to go somewhere warm.

The obvious choice was Mexico and I was quite close to buying a ticket. Combined with Guatemala and Belize I thought it would be fun -- but I just couldn't get excited about it.

SadhuA friend (Blanka) had just come back from India and brought with her some great photos and stories. Though the idea to go there still didn't occur to me. It wasn't until in early September, while I was talking with Emilie (a friend who's been teaching English in Japan and is now touring Asia) that I decided on India. We were discussing Blanka's trip and Emilie's desire to go, when she jokingly invited me to join her. I thought "why not" and within the next week had booked a flight.

India was pretty easy to get excited about. It seems that no where in the world do people find as much diversity, in every sense of the word. And no matter where you point the camera, an interesting photo presents itself. I'm very much looking forward to it.

9 comments:

Hoda said...

Way to go Marko! I will be checking out your blog - see your adventures ar going!

Unknown said...

Nice blog, Marko, much better than mine! :) I'll be checking your site on regular basis. Best luck on your adventures through this diverse, interesting & "anything possible" country!

Unknown said...

Hey Marko, Good Luck for the trip, I'll be following you blog. Nadeem

Terry said...

Wow, I didn't realize the date for your trip was here already. I'm very excited for you Marko as I know you will have a very wonderful and memorable time. I will be anxiously following your blog (again) as I live vicariously through your most interesting adventures. Bon Voyage!

Aarmaan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aarmaan said...

You will have lots of fun on your adventurous trip to the Land of Wonders as Marco Polo had some centuries ago to China and visited the Emperor Kublei Khan in the year 1260.
I will be checking your blog enthusiastically every two days.
AARMAAN

Unknown said...

And me....every day...... :D

Kimber said...

Have a blast! And keep the pictures rolling in, as you leave us behind in the land of disappearing sun :-)

Aarmaan said...

Hi Marko,
You should have already landed in India. I wish you a good start with your trip.
Be mentioned for your information, which I read in NEWS:
Foreign tourists to many of India's most famous landmarks (among them Taj Mahal) will no longer be able to pay the entrance fee in DOLLARS, the government says.